Foodies love to eat various types of momos. Momos have gained popularity over the years. But, you must take care of calorie intake while eating momos. A mutual love for momos binds together most of us. Especially in winters, people love to have a hot plate of momos. Momos are available almost everywhere, and momos are one of the popular delight foods and snacks.
But make sure to eat momos within the limit, because excess consumption of momos can lead to several health problems. Fried momos calories contain 64.22 calories.
In this blog, you’ll come to know various facts about momos.
Calories in Momos
A single piece of momo contains 35 calories. And a plate of momos contains 7 to 8 momos. That means calories will be 175 to 280 in a plate of momos.
Nutrition Facts of Momos
The following is the list that demonstrates the nutrition fact of momo:
|Vitamin C||5.3 mg|
|Vitamin A||63.3 mcg|
How to Make Fried Momos?
Apart from steamed and tandoori momos, fried momos are all-time favourite street snacks. Fried momos are very tasty and easy to make. Steamed vegetable momos are famous in Nepali and Tibetan cuisine, but now in India, they are popular street food. If you are making steam momos, then you don’t need oil. However, in this section, we’ll discuss how to make fried momos with ease:
Directions to Make Fried Momos:
- Clean cabbage with water thoroughly and remove the top leaves. Now, finely grate it. You can also add carrots and peel them and grate them.
- Now, take a bowl, add refined flour, and mix ¼ tbsp. salt. Take a small portion of water and knead the dough until it gets soft. You can apply oil to your hands to knead the dough softly. Your dough will be ready. You need half a cup of water to knead the dough. Then cover the dough and keep it aside for at least 20 minutes to set.
It’s time to prepare stuffing for momos, add 2 to 3 tbsps. oil to the heating pan. When oil is completely hot, then add grated ginger, and green chilli and mix them.
- Now mix fried ginger and green chilly to cabbage and carrot. For stuffing, add the following ingredients: 2 tbsp. chopped coriander, more than ½ tbsp. salt, and mix them. Now, your stuffing is done.
- Grease your hands with oil, and again knead the dough. Divide dough into small portions. Roll these small portions into a long log and then divide them into small lumps.
- Make sure to prevent dough from drying. Roll those lumps one by one and make them flatten. If they are sticky, then dust the dry flour.
- Once it turns into poori, then take stuffing and fill the poori and then fold it at one corner. You can give any shape to the momos as you like. Similarly, make the rest of the momos.
- Now, if you want to eat steam momos, then you can steam them, otherwise, you can heat oil in a pan for deep fry momos. If the oil is properly heated, then drop the momos carefully into the oil for frying.
Fry momos until they turn into golden brown from all sides.
When momos turn into golden brown and then take them out from the pan. To remove excess oil, place momos on paper.
- You can use any other vegetables if you don’t want to use carrots. You can add capsicum, peas, or that you like.
- If you want to eat steam momos, even then you can prepare, otherwise, you can follow the above steps to prepare fried momos.
How Can You Make Momos Healthier?
The following are some tips that you can follow to eat healthy momos:
- Make sure to eat steamed momos instead of fried momos. With steamed momos, you can save 20 calories per piece.
- When you are cooking momos at home, then you can mix whole wheat atta with maida.
- When cooking at home, you can mix soybean with chopped vegetables as stuffing in veg momos.
- You can add salad that can help you in digesting the refined flour.
Now, you have an idea of fried momos calories and the nutrition fact of momos. Therefore, make sure to eat momos in a healthy way as described above. Eating momos are healthy, but some restrictions are there.