On June 14, 2020, Bollywood and India lost a diamond when the news of Sushant Singh Rajput’s death came out. Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput was found dead when police found him hanging from a ceiling fan at his residence in Bandra, Mumbai.
Personal Life of Sushant Singh Rajput
- Date of Birth Sushant Singh Rajput: He was born on 21 January 1986 in Maldiha in the Purnea district of Bihar.
- School: St. Karen’s High School, Patna
- Kulachi Hansraj Model School, Delhi
- College/University: Delhi College of Engineering, (now, Delhi Technology University (DTU), New Delhi
- Caste: Rajput
- Father’s name: Krishna Kumar Singh
- Mother’s name: Usha Singh
- Siblings: Mitu Singh (State Level Cricketer), Priyanka Singh (Lawyer), Neetu Singh, and Shweta Singh (Lives in the US)
Acting Career of Sushant Singh Rajput
SSR enrolled himself in Shaimak Davar’s dance classes during his college days. At dance classes, he got inspired by his fellow students, and he joined Barry John’s drama classes to learn acting.
He was chosen for standard dance troupe at dance classes. In 2005, Sushant played as a background dancer at the 51st Filmfare Awards. In 2006, he performed at the opening ceremony of the 2006 Commonwealth Games, with other members of the group.
SSR shifted to Mumbai and joined Nadira Babbar’s Ekjute theatre group and got connected with the group for over two years. SSR became famous after a TV advertisement for Nestle Munch.
In 2008, the casting team of Balaji Telefilms saw one of the stage plays of SSR for Ekjute, and they invited him for an audition. He got offered for ‘Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil’ for the role of Preet Juneja. After his role, he became a known face.
In 2009, he got the role of Manav Deshmukh in the daily soap ‘Pavitra Rishta.’ In 2010, he became a part of the dance reality show ‘Zara Nachke Dikha 2’ and played from the side of the Mast Kalandar Boys Team.
In the same year, he participated in ‘Jhalak Dikhla Jaa 4,’ and he paired with choreographer Shampa Sonthalia. But, to pursue a film-making course abroad, he left ‘Pavitra Rishta’ in 2011.
In 2013, he made his debut with the movie ‘Kai Po Che!’ and played one of the lead roles along with Amit Sadh and Rajkumar Rao. In the same year, he worked in the movie ‘Shuddh Desi Romance’ along with Parineeti Chopra and Vaani Kapoor.
He played a minor role in the movie ‘PK’ in 2014 opposite Anushka Sharma. In 2015, he worked in ‘Detective Byomkesh Bakshy!’ movie as a lead actor.
He appeared in ‘M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story’ in 2016, in the lead role. This was the super-hit movie, and till now, people remember him for the role of M.S. Dhoni. In 2017, he worked in ‘Raabta’ alongside Kriti Sanon. In 2018, he worked with Sara Ali Khan in the movie ‘Kedarnath.’ In 2019, he appeared in ‘Socnchiriya’ and ‘Chhichhore.’
Sushant Singh Rajput Movies List
The following are some movies of Late Sushant Singh Rajput:
- Kai Po Che! (2013)
- Shudh Desi Romance (2013)
- PK (2014)
- Detective Byomkesh Bakshy (2015)
- S. Dhoni: The Untold Story (2016)
- Raabta (2017)
- Welcome to New York (2018)
- Kedarnath (2018)
- Sonchiriya (2019)
- Chhichhore (2019)
- Drive (2019)
- Dil Bechara (2020)
Sushant Singh Rajput Awards
- In the year 2010, SSR won Indian Television Academy Awards: Most Popular Actor (Male), Big Star Entertainment Awards: Best Television Actor (Male), Boroplus Gold Awards: Best Actor in a Lead Role for ‘Pavitra Rishta.’
- In the year 2011, he won another award for ‘Pavitra Rishta’ – Kalakar Awards Favourite Actor (Male).
- In 2014, he won Screen Awards Best Male Debut for the movie ‘Kai Po Che!’
- In 2017, the actor won Screen Awards Best Actor (Critics) and Indian Film Festival of Melbourne Best Actor for the movie ‘M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story.’
Sushant Singh Rajput Death Case and Personal Life
SSR passed away by suicide on 14th June 2020, when he hanged himself at his residence in Mumbai. Sushant was rumoured to get married to Ankita in the year 2015. In 2019, SSR and Rhea Chakraborty were rumored to have a relationship. In 2002, the actor lost his mother, and his whole family shifted from Patna to Delhi.
After Sushant’s death, many celebs came forward to appeal for investigations by Maharashtra Police. However, the investigation was stopped when CBI got the case in August 2020.
After the lack of Cooperation of Bihar Police, the Bihar government suggested that CBI should take the case. On 19 August, the Supreme Court ordered the CBI to take the case.
The CBI questioned Rhea and the other accused in August. They recreated the Sushant’s death scene with Sushant’s staff and medical and forensic team. Since then, there is no latest update regarding the case.
Before the entry of CBI, the Enforcement Directorate had investigated the financial fraud against Rhea by conducting a questioning session with her while others also called.
Another agency that was involved in this case was the Narcotics Control Bureau, as proof of those related to Sushant, reportedly being involved in a drug case. Rhea, her brother, and some of Sushant’s staff members were arrested. But, now they are out on bail.