Off page SEO a set of strategies are applied in order to gain external links to our website to boost its organic position in Google or other search engines.
SEO off page V/S SEO on page
Although they coincide in their objective, which is none other than to improve the position of our page in search results, SEO off page and SEO on page differ in the way of achieving it.
SEO off page is characterized because it is about performing actions outside our page, unlike SEO on page, which consists of optimizing the internal elements of the web: structure, improvement of texts, use of keywords, etc.
Importance of SEO
SEO is more critical than ever in today’s dynamic market. Search engines serve millions of users every day, who are looking for solutions to their problems, answers to their questions.
If you have a website, blog, or online store, SEO can help your business grows and meet your business goals.
Here are the reasons why it is essential:
- More likely, most search engine users would select one of the top 5 search engine suggestions (SERPs).For you to take advantage of this and get more traffic to your website, or customers in your online store, you must always have content in the first positions.
- SEO is not just about search engines, but about improving user experience and website usability.
- Users trust search engines and pay special attention to the top positions; Appearing in such places will increase the trust and authority of your website.
- Good search engine rankings are good for promoting on social media, as your website is more likely to be found and shared on Face book, Twitter, and LinkedIn if you have good content.
- Technical SEO is important for the proper functioning of large websites, as they benefit directly and indirectly: directly by the increase in traffic they receive, and indirectly by having a common framework (checklists) to use before publish the contents.
- Good optimization puts you at an advantage over the competition. The one with the best optimized pages is the one with which two brands are sold the same thing which can draw more buyers and thus achieve more sales.
Some people sometimes wonder “Is SEO necessary?” or “Isn’t SEO the same as a digital marketing strategy?”
The simplest answer to the above is that it is one of the tools available in an internet marketing strategy.
SEO is usually part of an inbound marketing campaign, which we remember is a marketing philosophy that seeks to attract customers with non-intrusive strategies and generating value at each stage of the purchase process.
Main SEO actions off page
Several steps have been taken to connect our site and thus enhance the page rank and authority of our site:
- Create a quality blog and update it with the best content. This is undoubtedly the first and most important action, since if we do not have content with added value and frequently updated, we will not be able to attract traffic and, much less, generate interest in the webs so that they link us.
- Use content aggregators. Several steps have been taken to connect our site and thus enhance the page rank and authority of our site:
- Take advantage of the power of vitalization in social networks. The development of Facebook, Twitter and other sites is another efficient operation. Of course, it is important to use the networks based on a strategy, seeking the active participation of users, without becoming a spam channel that can be penalized by Google. If you want to learn more about social media marketing, you can download the free guide How to use social media to attract new customers.
- Implement honest link building strategies. The idea is to ensure that the best blogs and websites, that is, those with the greatest authority, include links to our page. How to do it? Establishing relationships with the administrators of these pages (by email and even by phone or even personally) and convince them that we can benefit each other by exchanging links or posts. Automatic link generation strategies with methods close to spam (what is known as black hat) are increasingly persecuted (and punished) by Google.
Compared with the on-site SEO or technical SEO, off-page SEO can seem easy, but you cannot control many factors. You have to start again because things like waiting to validate your accounts at different forums or sites, updates, commentaries or submissions are unpublished because they do not meet website criteria, etc. If done correctly, SEO off-page will significantly improve your search rankings.
For more such insights on search marketing, check-in with us often.